Air Fryers have become one of the most popular kitchen gadgets of 2018 and I know why! There are endless benefits to using an air fryer and a few different types to select from. Many of our clients share with me that after buying one, they eat more vegetables because they love the way it crisps them up. If you have been on the fence about buying an air fryer, read on to discover how easy they are to use and try our delicious recipes below to get your feet wet.
Here is the one I prefer:
My second choice is this air fryer:
-Efficiency and time. Air Fryers circulate hot air around a chamber cooking food quickly and evenly from all angles. This allows you to leave most foods inside cooking from start to finish without having to stop halfway through to flip it. Most foods will cook much quicker in an air fryer compared to the oven or stovetop. It also creates less moisture in the environment and uses less energy to run compared to the oven.
-Cooks multiple foods at once. With the Big Boss Air fryer, you can cook food on two levels. The bottom rack, the top rack, or fill them both to cook two different foods at once. The top rack crisps food up so well that it almost gives it a “deep fried” texture. It can transform marinated chicken thighs into crispy, browned, flavorful goodness. It can also crisp up turnips, celeriac, rutabaga, kohlrabi, radish, jicama and much more. The bottom rack is great for things that need more time cooking, for example, a whole chicken, or larger cuts of protein.
-Easy cleanup. Once you’re finished making an amazing meal, you simply unplug the unit and let it cool down. Once cool, place the glass base in the sink and fill with hot soapy water. Toss in the metal basket or racks you used inside the soapy water to let them soak.
– Find a safe space on your countertop for the air fryer to sit. Always make sure there are at least 5 inches of space behind the air fryer’s exhaust vent.
– Use a healthy oil to spray on the air fryer basket before each use. Avocado oil works great because it has a smoke point of 520 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it ideal for high heat cooking. Avocado oil can also be used to marinate protein and vegetables.
Find Avocado Oil Spray Here…
Or a Misto style spray pump found here…
– Don’t overcrowd the basket. The best texture and cook time is when the food is spaced out evenly. Space leaves room for hot air to crisp up every possible surface.
– Flip the foods halfway through the total cook time, ensuring that everything browns evenly.
– Spray with a fresh layer of healthy oil halfway through the total cook time; some foods tend to dry out more than others; the oil will keep everything browning evenly.
– Clean immediately after each use. When the basket and glass bowl are still hot, it is easier to soak and scrub.
I want to share some of our favorite quick and easy recipes to start with: